If you make any purchases through the links on this site, please know that as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This costs you nothing extra.
Fried foods are delicious, but they’re usually high in fat and calories. Here we’ll show you how to cook air fryer orange beef to a crunchy, crisp finish.
If you love takeout orange beef, you’ll love the taste of this homemade, air fryer version. Prep time is minimal and the flavor is fantastic. Plus, you can use any leftovers in a quick stir fry for lunch the next day!
Can You Use Corn Starch In An Air Fryer?
Yes, if it’s probably “attached”. You really want to be sure it’s securely on your food so that the fast moving air in your air fryer doesn’t blow it all off of your food.
Can You Use Arrowroot Powder Instead Of Cornstarch?
You can! They are interchangeable in equal amounts in a recipe like this.
Orange Beef And Broccoli
You can easily make this orange beef and broccoli by stirring in some steamed broccoli when you add the sauce.
Do You Need To Preheat An Air Fryer?
If your air fryer has that function, then yes. You should always use it.
Air Fryer Orange Beef Recipe Ingredients
1-pound top sirloin beef – cut into thin strips, about ¼ inch thick. You can also use flank steak if you prefer that.
¼ cup corn starch + 2 tablespoons cornstarch
¼ cup orange juice – or 4 clementine’s freshly squeezed
2 tablespoons fresh orange zest – This is approximately 2 large oranges.
1½ tablespoons molasses
½ tablespoon rice vinegar
1 tablespoons soy sauce – Low sodium soy sauce is best. But you can also use coconut aminos if you are soy-free.
1 tbsp minced cloves garlic
½ tbsp ginger powder
½ tbsp sesame oil
½ cup green onion – chopped – plus more for garnish
How To Make Air Fryer Orange Beef
Mix your steak and ¼ cup cornstarch together in a bowl.
Mix well so that the steak is fully incorporated with the starch. Place the beef strips in the air fryer basket in a single layer and spray with oil.
Cook in the air fryer at 380°f for 6 minutes per batch, do not over crowd the meat.
While your steak is cooking, mix all of the remaining ingredients in a small saucepan. Cook on medium for about five minutes allowing the flavors to simmer.
Once your steak has finished cooking in the air fryer, transfer to a large bowl. Pour your orange sauce over the steak and mix well.
Serve over rice, or noodles. Top with sesame seeds or green onions, season with salt and pepper as needed and enjoy in your favorite dish. Some people also enjoy sprinkling on red pepper flakes.
How To Store Leftovers
Pack this in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Can You Freeze Air Fryer Orange Beef?
You can! Pack it up well and store in the freezer for up to 4 months.
More Dinner Air Fryer Recipes
Orange Beef In An Air Fryer – Recipe Card
Air Fryer Orange Beef Recipe
- 1 Air Fryer
- 1 lb. top sirloin beef (thinly sliced about a ¼ inch thick)
- ¼ cup corn starch + 2 tbsp.
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice (or 4 clementine's freshly squeezed)
- 2 tbsp. orange zest
- 1½ tbsp. molasses
- ½ tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic cloves
- ½ tbsp. ground ginger
- ½ tbsp. sesame oil
- ½ cup sliced green onion (plus more for garnish)
- Mix your steak and ¼ cup cornstarch together in a bowl.
- Mix well so that the steak is fully incorporated with the starch.
- Place in air fryer basket and spray with oil. Cook in the air fryer at 380°F for 6 minutes per batch, do not over crowd the meat.
- While your steak is cooking, mix all of the remaining ingredients in a small saucepan. Cook on medium for about five minutes allowing the flavors to simmer.
- Once your steak has finished cooking in the air fryer, transfer to a large bowl. Add your sauce over the steak and mix well.
- Serve over rice, or noodles. Top with sesame seeds or green onions and enjoy!