If you make any purchases through our links on this site (mostly Amazon links), we do earn a small commission from the sale. This costs you nothing extra, but it helps us keep the lights on around here. So thanks for purchasing through our links!
Looking for the best paddle type air fryer? The list is actually pretty short. So if you are in the market for a paddle type air fryer, we’ve done a good chunk of the research for you. Here’s everything you need to know to find the best paddle type air fryer for your kitchen.
There are two paddle type air fryers that are prevalent in the air fryer market, and for good reason. While every air fryer has its list of pros and cons, these two paddle type air fryers are at the top of the list with more pros than cons.
Actifry Oil-Less Air Fryer
The Actifry oil-less air fryer is a bowl shaped air fryer that has a paddle inside the bowl to rotate your food.
The pros are:
- You can cook all your favorite foods with just one tablespoon of oil (or less!)
- It cooks up to 2 lbs. of food at a time.
- There is a countdown timer so you never miss when your food is done cooking.
- Removable parts are dishwasher safe and free of PTFE and PFOA.
- The outside of the air fryer stays cool. (This is a great feature if you have kids in the kitchen!)
- Dimensions: 19.1 x 11.75 x 15.6 inches
- Weight: 10.9 lb
- Manufacturer: Groupe SEB
- Average rating across multiple websites: 4.3 out of 5
The cons are:
- Food can get mashed under the paddle instead of being pushed around the fryer.
- If you are cooking something breaded (like onion rings), more of the breading tends to come off due to the movement of the paddle.
De’Longhi MultiFry Air Fryer And Multi Cooker
This air fryer gives you options! The paddle is removable so you can cook in multiple ways.
The pros include:
- Removable paddle
- You can bake, and even mix with this air fryer. (Pies and pizza, baby!!)
- Holds up to 3.3 lbs. of food
- Removable parts are dishwasher safe.
- Dimensions: 15.5 x 12.8 x 10.6 inches
- Weight: 11.16 lbs.
- Manufacturer: De’Longhi
- Ratings across multiple websites: 4.4 out of 5
The cons include:
- This machine is fairly large, so make sure you measure your available space before purchasing.
- Some steam does vent out the top, so if you have kids around, it’s not the safest.
The timer on this air fryer is just a timer. It does not turn the appliance off.
Extended Warranties For Air Fryers
Should you get one? The short answer is, yes. And not just because it’s a paddle air fryer. Air fryers in general are not known for their long lifespan. So extended warranties can sometimes save the day if yours breaks down sooner than you’d like. Just make sure you read and understand your warranty. Not all warranties are created equal.
Is A Paddle Air Fryer Worth It?
Truth be told, these are only popular for one reason. In theory, you don’t have to tend to your food during cooking. That being said, we most often recommend a countertop toaster oven air fryer if you want a multi cooking function.
While the paddle can be nice, it can also be a problem. And the paddle type air fryers that have a removable paddle, while good air fryers, do still have limitations on what you can cook do to the area available for your food. It would be very difficult to cook a whole chicken in most paddle fryers simply because there isn’t enough room for one.
Paddle Type Air Fryer – Conclusion
While many people love their paddle air fryers, they are not without their issues or limitations. So consider what types of foods you’d like to cook before buying one of these types of air fryers. And keep in mind these are large appliances, as far as air fryers go. They will need space on your countertop.
Paddle type air fryers are pretty good at cooking simple things, if that’s your end goal. You may lose a few pieces of food to the paddle, but overall, your food will be evenly cooked and crispy.