Wondering what the best air fryer brands are? If you’re in the market for an air fryer, it’s easy to get overwhelmed with all the choices so, many people first consider the brand name of an air fryer.
This makes sense because if a brand has a good reputation, then their appliance will most likely be a better product. At least that’s what we hope for.
Brandname Air Fryers
The truth is, air fryers are still a relatively new sort of appliance. So in some ways, manufacturers are still figuring out the nuances of making a better air fryer. That doesn’t mean that all air fryers on the market are bad, just that as time goes on and with any luck, they will get better and better.
The Biggest Air Fryer Problem
To date, the biggest issue with air fryers in general is that they tend to have shorter lifespans. The average person will get about 2-4 years of use out of their air fryer which means that we will be seeing a ton of air fryers in our landfills. We sincerely hope that manufacturers address this problem going forward. But until they do, we highly recommend purchasing extended warranties with your air fryer if you can get one.
Best Air Fryer Brands
So you may be wondering what brands make the best air fryers. Some you may recognize, and some you may not. But these are the brands making the best air fryers currently on the market. Lets take a look.
- Instant (Pot)
Farberware 3.2-Quart Oil-Less Multi-Functional Fryer
This is the best air fryer that Farberware currently makes.
- The price is reasonable compared to other air fryers.
- It’s on the quieter side, when compared to other air fryers.
- Easy control panel.
- 2 year warranty (most air fryers only have 1 – double check when you buy!)
- Basket is 3.2 quarts
- A little difficult to clean in the tighter areas.
- Some people complain about the print on the control panel coming off.
This is currently the best air fryer that GoWise makes.
- Bakes, grills, and roasts.
- Presets include: Fries/Chips, Pork, Chicken, Steak, Shrimp, Cake, Fish, and Pizza.
- Temp range: 180F. to 400F.
- Change time and temperature in the middle of a cook cycle.
- Built-in alarm function reminds you to shake your ingredients.
- 1-year warranty
- Larger, 5.8 qt basket
- Unit gets hot on the bottom, so it will need something underneath it.
- Some people complain about the handle coming loose.
NUWAVE BRIO 6-Quart Digital Air Fryer
This is currently the best air fryer that NuWave makes. We love the basket divider on this one!
- Cooking range from 100F to 400F degrees.
- Includes non-stick baking pan and cooking rack.
- You can air fry, broil, roast, grill, bake, reheat and even dehydrate.
- Basket divider allows you to cook 2 different foods at once.
- Larger 6 quart basket.
- Some people complain about the enamel coming off the basket.
Instant Vortex Pro 9-in-1 Air Fryer, 10 Quart
We are big fans of the Instant brand around here. You can read our more in-depth review on the Instant Vortext Pro air fryer here.
- With this air fryer you can: air fry, roast, broil, bake, toast, reheat, proof, dehydrate and rotisserie.
- Cooks in half the time of a conventional oven and has a far shorter warmup time.
- Large, 10 quart capacity.
- Easy to clean, removable parts – dishwasher safe
- Despite the manufacturers claims of being able to use two trays at once during cooking, they do not cook equally. So be sure to not only flip your food, but rotate your trays too if you use them both at the same time.
Philips Kitchen Appliances Digital Twin TurboStar Air Fryer XXL
This is the currently the best air fryer by Philips.
- 3 lbs. capacity.
- No preheat needed.
- With this unit you can: air fry, bake, grill, roast, reheat, dehydrate, and toast.
- Dishwasher-safe removable parts.
- Some people complain about excessive smoke during cooking.
What Brand Of Air Fryer Should You Get?
The truth is, even if you go with one of the best air fryer brands, the air fryer you choose should be based on its size, capacity and functions. It’s great to go with a brand you trust, but at the end of the day, the only thing that will matter is that it functions the way you need it to. Not on the brand alone.
Plus, some manufacturers make multiple types of air fryer. So here are some things to consider:
Air Fryer Type
Size and Capacity
Air Fryer Functions
- Wattage – Your kitchen needs to be able to handle the amount of energy your air fryer needs to cook. So be sure your air fryer won’t overload your circuits.
- Kids – If you have kids in the house, you’ll want to be sure you get an air fryer that doesn’t get hot on the outside.
- Other Brands – If you decide to consider other brands when purchasing your air fryer, that doesn’t mean you won’t get an air fryer that is just as good. Here are the best air fryers of 2020.